Devon County Council
Devon County Council is a modern, vibrant place to work that offers a wide range of job opportunities and good staff benefits. It employs over 13,000 people across the county and has strong links to other organisations, nationwide.
Over 25,000 people receive a form of health or social care every year and local government is at the forefront of delivering these services. These services include social workers, hospital discharge teams and safeguarding teams, too occupational therapists, mental health specialists and care workers – all of which present varying career paths from entry level to management.
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth City Council is the local authority for Plymouth and provides support and information to the area’s 262,700 residents as well as its various businesses and regular visitors. It is one of the largest employers in Plymouth, employing over 2,500 people. You will find care and health positions located across the city, with roles in children’s social care, well-being and health consultants just to name a few.
Torbay Council is one of the largest employers in Torbay (Brixham, Paignton and Torquay). It is committed to making a difference in the community and delivering high quality, efficient and affordable services to local people. There are entry-level job prospects at Torbay Council and gives you the opportunity to specialise and work in the care and health sector on a slightly more localised level.
There are multiple health and care providers located across Devon. Within each of these organisations, there are thousands of employees who bring a whole host of skills and experience to their roles. If you are interested in working for any of the organisations below, find out how you can become a part of the team by clicking the links.
- Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
- Devon Partnership NHS Trust
- Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
- Livewell Southwest
- South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Primary care services – Provide the first point of contact in the health care system. This includes General Practice (GPs), community pharmacy, dental and optometry (eyecare). Find out more information on the Devon Community Education Provider Networks, or find vacancies here.
- Private, Voluntary and Independent Care Sector – Includes domiciliary or home care, residential or nursing homes, supported living and one-to-one support. You can fine all job vacancies on the Proud to Care Devon Jobs Board