Contingency planning: COVID-19 Maintaining safe staffing levels
Thursday 29th Oct 10:30 – 11:00
Following on from the first contingency planning webinar, this session is aimed at managers who want to learn practical ways to maintain safe staffing levels in response to COVID-19 and wider winter demands. Combining insight from other managers of how they have successfully managed safe staffing, staff wellbeing and consistency of care in the early stages of the pandemic, the webinar will also share our recommendations to plan for the risk of potential reduced staffing levels as we enter the autumn and winter period. Please register here.
North Devon Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP)
Jobcentre Plus, working in conjunction with Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust and Learn Devon, are offering an exciting opportunity to find out about care in the community and jobs available now.
Would you like to support your local NHS and make a difference to people’s lives?
Join us online for this free two-day workshop
Day 1. Tuesday 3rd November 10 am to 2.30 pm
Discover the advantages of a job in the care sector. Meet with healthcare providers sharing their experiences.
Day 2. Wednesday 4th November 10 am to 2.30 pm
Learn how to present your best self at an online interview. Attending this event guarantees an interview with an employer.
To book a place please speak to your jobcentre work coach, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exeter & East Devon Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP)
If you are looking for a career opportunity in health and care services in and around the Exeter and East Devon region, you may wish to attend the Sector-based Work Academy Programme. This is a free programme of activities, led by health and care employers and is designed to place you in the best position to start a rewarding career in health and care. Find out if you have the right values for a career in health and care with this ‘Can you care?’ quiz.
- Health and Care Virtual Information Event on Thursday 5th November, 2-3.15pm Join Microsoft Teams Meeting or call 020 3443 6327 to dial in, conference ID 410 635 681#
This event is led by health and care employers and will inform you of the varied roles within Devon’s health and care services. You will also gain an insight into the responsibilities of a care worker as well as career opportunities and pay and benefits. After attending this information event you can then sign up for the Sector-based Work Academy Programme, as detailed below.
- Introduction to Health and Care Virtual Training Events (2 x 2-hour sessions)
Wednesday 11th November, 10-12pm Join Microsoft Teams Meeting or call 020 3443 6327 to dial in, conference ID 160 449 452#
and 1-3pm Join Microsoft Teams Meeting or call 020 3443 6327 to dial in, conference ID 781 215 107#
During this event you will be introduced to the following subjects: duty of care; equality and diversity; person-centred values; communication; awareness of mental health and dementia; infection prevention & control; safeguarding adults. These events will be facilitated by health and care employers, with ample opportunity to ask questions.
- Interview Preparation Virtual Event session on Thursday 12th November, 10-12pm or 1-3pm
During this 2-hour virtual session, you will be introduced to interview techniques to develop your skills and boost your confidence. There will also be an opportunity to undertake a mock interview so that you can practice your skills and prepare you for the real event!
- Guaranteed Interview with a health and care employer
Having participated in the programme, you will be guaranteed an interview with one or more health and care employers at a mutually convenient time.
- Job-matching with Proud to Care
A member of the Proud to Care team will support you to locate suitable jobs in health and care services that are advertised on the Proud to Care Jobs Board and be introduced to employers.
Petroc’s Health and Care Webinar
Register your place to Petroc’s Health & Care webinar on the 6th November, 11 – 12pm. The webinar will explore the changing skills and training landscape for the health and care sector, providing updates on various topics that could benefit your business. This will include an information on the latest funding incentives available to employers and an update from Proud to Care. You can register your free place here.
- Welcome and Introductions
- New funding incentive payments introduced for apprenticeships – How can my business benefit? (Samantha Wilson – Head of Apprenticeships, Petroc)
- Industry training update – What is available to my business?
- Overview of the clinical qualifications on offer across North Devon and Mid Devon (Shaun Kershaw – Faculty Manager – Higher Education)
- Overview of qualifications on offer to the social care sector and update on delivery (Tracey Davies – Lecturer – Health and Care)
- Representative from Proud to Care – Update on current activity (Terrie Chaplin – Senior Workforce Development Advisor – Proud to Care)
- Student work placements – Could your business get involved with T-levels? (Rita Sampson – Head of Faculty – Health and Care)
Deputy Managers Network South West
24th November 11 am to 12.30 pm
Do you have a Deputy Manager role in adult social care?
Are you motivated to make a difference?
Do you have the ambition, drive and potential to develop your skills and have a passion for making a difference?
If so, then the Skills for Care Deputy Managers Network could be for you.
Online Interview Skills – a 2-hour workshop delivered live online by a tutor who can answer your questions and take you through the preparation needed for an interview online.
You will learn:
- The difference between an online interview and a face to face interview
- The steps needed to prepare for an online interview
- How to present yourself during an online interview
This workshop will give you the skills to make a good first impression and be your best self even if you are sitting at your kitchen table.
Eight Ways to Improve your CV – a 2-hour workshop delivered live online by a tutor who can answer your questions and take you through the preparation needed to create an effective CV.
This workshop will look at:
- The steps required to create a good CV
- What employers are looking for in a CV
- Common mistakes made when writing a CV
This workshop will give you the skills to create a CV that reflects the qualities and attributes required for the job you are applying for.